Hi! We’re Dhruv, Suman, and Dani, the founders of BlueUrbn. We just launched our company and are looking for founding engineers, product designers, and core team members to join us on our adventure! 👋🏼
This is a super critical and exciting time for BlueUrbn - we’re a team of five grad students at Stanford with a deep passion for climate and energy. Suman and I came together as part of a class taught by Dave Danielson, Breakthrough Energy’s Managing Director, and we haven’t looked back since. For the coming year, we’re super committed to hyper-scaling our mission and building the world’s largest marketplace for energy efficient products and clean energy technologies. 🚀 We’re hiring for key roles across the core team for BlueUrbn, and together, we’re going to make magic!
Energy and climate startups around the world are thriving - and so is the demand for energy technologies ranging from solar, storage, IoT systems, … Every homeowner, business owner, and enterprise now wants to install the newest tech on the market, and they it for a host of reasons - sustainability, cost savings, reliability, and high performance. The problem is that it’s far too difficult to implement a project. For building owners, understanding what to do, where to take action, and then connect with the right vendors, finance providers and contractors takes AGES and costs THOUSANDS of $. That’s clearly not the way it should be, and precisely why we want to build a platform that automates project deployment and makes it simple, transparent and cost-effective to take action. Buildings account for close to 40% of global emissions, and we need to act now.
As part of the core team, we want you to be ALL IN. We want you to hustle hard, take charge of your ideas, and DREAM BIG. 💭
TL/DR: we’re building a platform to scale energy efficiency and clean energy technologies, and we’re looking for fantastic people to bring on board.
🤼 Roles That We’re Hiring For:
- Full stack engineer 👩🏼💻**:** be ready to build a platform from the scrappy version that we’re using today, to a product that’s going to be used globally. For the initial version, we’re going to be interfacing with several external APIs while also building extensive dashboards and interactive timelines for customers on our web platform.
- Product designer🧑🏼🎨**:** scrap the way the energy ecosystem works right now and design beautiful and seamless ways to deploy energy projects. Today, energy efficiency and clean energy technologies are bought, not sold. And we want to build a platform that upends conventional wisdom and throws big companies like CBRE and JLL off their game. We’re designing the iPod for the energy ecosystem and you’ll need to think BIG.
- Data scientist 🧙🏼♂️**:** we’re currently taking an outside-in approach to energy prediction and modeling - we try to model a building’s energy consumption using satellite data, consumption patterns, climate, etc. But we want to know what the outcome of a project will be with reasonable certainty based on time-series modeling and prediction of the building from within, and then double down on helping building owners cut costs, lower energy use and reduce emissions.
- Business development 🧑🏼🏭: work with a variety of stakeholders - from real estate companies to enterprises with carbon commitments. It’ll be your goal to get our customer and partner-facing verticals up and running.
- AI/computer vision engineer 🧑🏼🔬 ****: we want to create 3D models of buildings based on Google Street View and satellite images, and then translating these models into energy simulations with time series modeling. Any experience with CV and 3D renderings is a plus!
- Energy project engineer/building scientist 👷🏼: If you’re an OpenStudio and EnergyPlus expert, we NEED you. One of the underlying layers of the backend recommendation engine is a building model of every city and country in the world so that we know what to deploy where and how. ORNL did this for commercial buildings in the US with AutoBEM. We want to scale it to every building in the world.
- Chief of staff 🥷🏼**:** a ‘do it all’ - be ready to build deep partnerships with clean-tech companies, work with real estate providers, build an in-person team in SF, coordinate with the engineering team in India, help us pitch to investors, and everything else! You need to be perceptive, strategic, and own everything that you do.
- Advisors 🧠 - if you’re already committed to working full time at another firm, and love building fantastic climate-tech products aimed at decarbonization, come and help our team out with your expert knowledge!
🙌🏼 The Top 3 Qualities That We’re Looking For In Any Team Member: